A wrongful death claim generally consists of four important elements:
- The wrongful death was caused, in whole or part, by the conduct of another party (defendant).
- The defendant was proven negligent or exclusively liable for the victim’s death.
- There is a surviving spouse, children, beneficiaries or dependents.
- Monetary damages have resulted from the victim’s death.
The statute of limitations in Idaho is different depending upon the nature of the action and the status of the plaintiff and the defendants. For instance, the general statute of limitations for an injury or death in Idaho is two years from the date of death; but for medical malpractice action, the statute of limitations could be as short as a year. Because the statute of limitations can be different depending upon the conditions of the case it is recommended that you contact an experienced Sandpoint, Id wrongful death lawyer today. Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Sandpoint, Id have years of experience in wrongful death cases and can help determine the appropriate statute of limitations in your case. Contact us for a free case evaluation. Determining who is entitled to a wrongful death case can be difficult. In Idaho, Idaho Code § 5-219(4) (2016) identifies all of the individuals or entities who are proper parties to bring a wrongful death case. Such parties include the decedent’s domestic partner, surviving spouse, children, and children of previously-deceased children. If there are no surviving children, any individual, such as the surviving spouse or domestic partner, who would otherwise be entitled to inherit the property of the victim if he or she died without a defined will. Due to the complexity of wrongful death cases in Sandpoint, ID, it is important to contact our office today to get a free consultation from a wrongful death lawyer Sandpoint, ID.
WRONGFUL DEATH STATISTICS
- The Department of Justice has reported over the past years that 90 percent of all lawsuits involving medical malpractice have involved a wrongful death or a permanent disability caused by negligence.
- In 2008, the Department of Transportation reported that the car accident & highway wrongful death count was at 37,261 nationwide.
- The CDC, reported that prescription drug deaths shot up 68 percent in a five year period. Statistics show that prescription drug deaths were the second leading cause of unintentional deaths in the United States.
WRONGFUL DEATH LAWYER SANDPOINT, ID
A wrongful death Impacts the entire family. The loss of a loved one is devastating to all affected. Holding a person, a company, or any entity responsible for their negligence helps to reduce your financial difficulties and also serves to prevent future acts of negligence. The wrongful death lawyers Sandpoint, ID at The Sargent Firm will work to help determine the lost potential of your family member. We have years of experience handling wrongful death cases for people in Sandpoint, Idaho.
Boise, ID | Sandpoint, ID | Coeur d’Alene, ID